JFE Group observes the following policy on the handling of private information in order to ensure the smooth and proper conduct of business.
Basic policy for the protection of private information
- 1.JFE Group endeavors to protect the rights and interests of individuals by considering how private information may be used within an advanced information and communications society where the uses of private information continue to evolve and expand.
- 2.JFE Group strictly observes the "Act on the Protection of Personal Information" and related laws, regulations, etc. and endeavors to protect private information in keeping with the spirit of the law.
- 3.JFE Group prepares routine office regulations on the management of private information and endeavors to protect private information properly by publicizing its office regulations and related laws, regulations, etc. and conducting related educational activities for its workforce. JFE Group also endeavors to continuously review and improve this policy and its office regulations.
Policy on the acquisition and use of private information
- 1.Identification of the purpose of use, proper acquisition and use, etc.
JFE Group identifies the purpose of use of private information handled in as much detail as possible and never collects or uses private information outside the scope of the purpose of use without the prior consent of the individuals who have provided private information. Moreover, JFE Group never collects private information through fraudulent statements or acts or other unlawful or unethical methods.
- 2.Proper safety control measures
JFE Group endeavors to strictly protect private information it has acquired and takes necessary and proper measures to prevent illegal access to private information or the leakage, consumption, defacement, or destruction of private information. Moreover, JFE Group ensures the proper and safe management of private information by supervising the employees and outsourcing companies who handle private information, to the necessary and proper extent.
- 3.Provision to third parties, shared use
JFE Group never provides private information to third parties without the prior consent of the individuals who have provided the information. If JFE Group shares private information, the items defined in laws, regulations, etc. will be disclosed to the individuals who provided the information.
- 4.Disclosure, correction, discontinuance of use, complaint procedures, etc.
JFE Group takes proper measures following laws, regulations, etc. if an individual who has provided private information requests the disclosure, correction, addition, deletion, or discontinuance of use of the private information. JFE Group properly and rapidly responds to complaints against the handling of private information.
For inquiries on the handling of private information, please contact the general affairs department.